Friday, April 20, 2012

How far in advance to book for vows renewal?

At the moment we are looking at a few different places to have our wedding vows renewed (and my husband has ';kindly'; left it up to me to organise).



We were hoping to book it for our second week there which would be around the 1st October.



When ideally should I look at booking it and if anyone has any suggestions where then that would be great too.



At the moment we%26#39;re looking at the Forever Memory Wedding Chapel.





Thanks!



How far in advance to book for vows renewal?


Sorry.........it should say a Special Memory Wedding Chapel.



How far in advance to book for vows renewal?


We renewed our vows last week at Little Chapel of the West. I believe my wife arranged it about 10 days in advance. But it was a simple ceremony (no guests)and we didn%26#39;t require a specific time.



The last time we did this, 5 years ago, I arranged it around a month ahead of time. That was at Little Chapel of the Flowers. But I wanted the ceremony outside in thier Gazebo at 9pm. And I didn%26#39;t want to take the chance the gazebo might not be available.



Obviously if your are planning a larger ceremony with more services, or if you need a specific time, I would contact them well in advance.






It%26#39;ll just be the two of us but I suppose I would like to specify a time beforehand so that it%26#39;s all planned.



Do you mind me asking if it was expensive for your renewal and what was included in the price?





Thanks.




You%26#39;re in luck, the credit card bill came today. She paid $239 in advance. This included the chapel,a boutineer(sp?) for me, her bridal bouquet--which were lavender roses to match her dress,a renewal certificate, and some photos.



I also gave the minister a $50 gratuity (suggested amount) and we purchased the picture disk, so we could make our own copies for $85, and the recording of the ceremony for $80.



I don%26#39;t think these prices were out of line. The basic ceremony is about $250 most places, it%26#39;s the extras that can add up.




Thanks for the information.



The one I%26#39;ve been looking at (I%26#39;ve mentioned above) also has a limo from our hotel and back again. The cost is $199 for the whole package which is similar to what you received.





Thanks again.........much appreciated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment