Saturday, April 21, 2012

Live Trip Report Blog! 4-20 - 4-25!!! DAY 1

myspace.com/jamesbaca (go to it to read the TR with a few pix too)





Welcome to Vegas, James B. It%26#39;s been too damn long. Where the heck have ya been?





Well I am finally here. It%26#39;s 2:30PT on April 20th as I write this, and it%26#39;s officially 1 day into my vaca. For those of you who don%26#39;t know... I took a train to Vegas, which was a little different. The rocking was something to get used to, and there were a couple issues like why in the hell did 1 out of every 4 people in the train have WWE Wrestling shirts or gear with them.. It was weird... And the little kids next to me were annoying, eating their old Sonic Food









.. but in about 6 hours, I was in Kingman, and it was time to get off thr train and into my private shuttle to Vegas. I felt like an old man taking a personal shuttle (I am barely turning 25), but it was cool. I feel asleep on the ride. Woke up to the bright lights... But one problem...





... The Shuttle couldn%26#39;t take me to the hotel for some legal reason, so I had to go to the airport.. Whatever. I decided to chill in the airport and catch some wifi.. I did.. It died out.. then... yeah.. all the stuff ';closed'; for the day.. no shuttles.. and I will be damned if I pay $30 for a taxi to a place I can%26#39;t even check into.. So I wait.. and wait... sleepless night... I wanted to cry, I had to pee, lol.. So I waited til 7am.. and barely made it.. Caught a shuttle ALONE for $5 to Planet Hollywood, my home, to check my bags.. I do just that... and off I go gambling.





Here is a list of machines I played at PH at the time:



Village People (Really Gay Machine in more ways than one... Yeah, It gave me a fight, but it beat me)



Triple Play Spin Poker- It took my $20 quite quick. For those who don%26#39;t know.. You play 6 max per hand, then you play normal VP, if you get a natural 4OAK, you get to spin a wheel, a la wheel of fortune and whatever you get is your ';Bonus'; up to 2000 coins I believe.



Super Times Pay Poker- Ugh







Then I walked to the NEW Palazzo and was stunned by how similar to Venetian it is.. Ho hum.. Anyway..





VP DDB- Nothing.



Then I go to a 100 play DDB machine.. Give it $60.. Then I say It%26#39;s gonna hit.. I get dealt 3 aces.. I hold them... and a few 4oak came up. I win all my money I lose back! Yay! I was happy.







I leave and walk all the way down the strip.. To that dirty little gift shop by the Planet Hollywood and Harley Cafe.. The one with a subway.. Anyway, I%26#39;m there and I look at this guy, he looks familiar.. can%26#39;t quite put my mind on it.. Then the bandage and the physique gave it away..





DUDE...That%26#39;s Light Heavyweight Champ Joe Calzaghe there! :D I was pumped. I shook his hand and congratulated him, and I asked for a pic.. and there is a sleep deprived James B. with one of his favs. Joe C has been a fav since he used to fight on showtime and it was cool to know him, because you knew others had no clue. It was great. A surprise on my first day.. Hopefully not the only good one :)





Notice on my previous blog... I just wanted to sing the Calzaghe song with Brits... Well, instead I met the man at a subway, lmao :D





Other machines I played:



TP DDB VP at Excalibur- Zilch







I haven%26#39;t ate a real meal or slept yet :( I%26#39;m so tired and hungry.. I%26#39;m thinking Fatburger tonight :D I%26#39;ll save the buffet for my bday tomorrow!





But I will gamble and report some more next blog! :D





James B





For a link to the pics follow this link





viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm鈥?/a>







Peace out for now,





James B.





Live Trip Report Blog! 4-20 - 4-25!!! DAY 1


you%26#39;re in LV now and choose to sit at the computer and write a TR to complete strangers?



STOP



Live Trip Report Blog! 4-20 - 4-25!!! DAY 1


glad you made it, sounds like you had a heck of a trip to LV, Happy Birthday.



Try PH buffet for breakfast or lunch buffet very good.




bridgefan, I have been up for like 36 hours straight.. I deserve to write a blog and retire to my room for an hour.. I%26#39;ll be back out.. trust me.





Thats day 1 of 5.. more to come!




Interesting first day.





I love the live trip reports!





Bridgey, some of the best writers wrote for complete strangers. I%26#39;m glad they didn%26#39;t stop. Different people get entertained in different ways.. If you don%26#39;t want to read the reports, don%26#39;t read them.




Thanks.. Writing is my way of winding down, and not forgetting how much fun I am having :D





You guys have such fun on these post boards, I am merely a spectator most of the time, so when I am in Vegas, I try to do my part :D




Happy Birthday! Congrats on your winning your money back! What a rush meeting the Light Heavyweight champ! (what%26#39;s up with light heavyweight anyways? Shouldn%26#39;t they be either light OR heavy??) And have you peed yet? hehehe



Hope the slot demons are smiling on you kindly.




I not sure what time you got into Vegas, but the shuttles weren%26#39;t running? I thought they ran 24 hours a day? See, you never know when you might learn something new in someones TR.




They heavily dissuaded me not to take them, which was weird. They were telling me of ';anywhere between x and y hours'; because at the airport at 3am PT, there was literally 5 or 6 non airport personnel there. I was stunned by how no one was there at one of the busier airports. Even at 7am, the shuttle really wanted to wait for more people before we took off





When I was in ABQ, NM getting ready to take a small taxi ride, I was charged $16 for not much of a ride, so I am NOT taking any taxis if I don%26#39;t have to.




Loving it so far, ignore Bridgefan, he/she%26#39;s not the boss of you !



I know how mental I went meeting some of the UFC guys in December, so well done on that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment