Saturday, April 21, 2012

Which trip reports I read

I absolutely love to read trip reports, especially the last 2 months before my trip (I leave a week from today).





Unfortunately, I do not get to read all of them, probably due to my own habits. Specifically, the ones that start the trip report and end with ';...to be continued'; or ';more later!';. I usually scroll to the end of the report and see if it%26#39;s actually complete or still a work in progress. If it%26#39;s a work in progress, I don%26#39;t read or come back, since by the time it gets completed, it is spliced with several replies and doesn%26#39;t maintain any flow.





Otherwise, whether it%26#39;s high-roller, low-roller, non-gambler, clubber, whatever, if I can read the whole thing when I first click on it, I%26#39;m an addict!





What about everyone else? Are there reports you choose to skip/avoid?



Which trip reports I read


I don%26#39;t mind the interspersing comments because it%26#39;s easy to scroll to where the long writing is and you know it%26#39;s the TR again. If you%26#39;ve ever written one yourself, you%26#39;d know it%26#39;s very hard to find the time/feeling to just sit down and write the whole complete thing, so I don%26#39;t mind the interruptions.





I have no interest in the Clubs/Shopping ones, but sometimes I skim them just to see what I%26#39;m (not) missing :)



Which trip reports I read


we prefer them to the point and on topic, broken down in categories rather than days - much easier for a reader to gain useful info that way.



paragraph structure helps



if we do start to read one usually within the first few sentences we know if we%26#39;re continuing.



doesn%26#39;t matter though - others prefer different formats and that%26#39;s fine, whatever works for the poster, since it is in fact the poster%26#39;s report.



we don%26#39;t like the ones that ';continue'; either - makes no sense to have others comments in between posts. write one TR in your WP, copy and paste as one post. done, easy and has some continuity




I also like to read a report once it%26#39;s complete. I don%26#39;t mind reading the ones that have ';to be continued'; in them, but I like to wait until they are finished. Too many times I read a bunch of them and then keep checking to see if there is more and I can%26#39;t remember which one is which so I have to go back and read more... I%26#39;d rather just wait until it%26#39;s done. I do understand why people do this though, since I know how much time and effort goes into writing one up.





I differ from some though, in that I do like the long wordy reports. If I see one that is only two paragraphs, I%26#39;m disappointed. I want details! And unlike Bridgefan I prefer the ones that go day by day. It makes me feel like I%26#39;m there. I want to be entertained as well as informed. I want it all. lol





Oh yeah, paragraphs are a must!




Oh yeah, Warmwinds, I%26#39;m also not too interested in the Clubs and shopping reports. Sometimes I%26#39;ll read them, sometimes not. Same with the trips to Valley of Fire and Grand Canyon etc. I skip over those parts alot.




Well for a change seems I did something right when I wrote mine 10 days ago or whenever it was. I did it all in one go and had it in categories more than in days!





If it%26#39;s a place or thing that interests me, I like it when the poster gives details, helps immensely, also helps if the person tries to be objective.





I also don%26#39;t read about the clubs or the shopping, well ok so once in awhile I do the shopping bit, but as a whole, no.




I agree, and often do not read incomplete reports.



I write TR%26#39;s that are too long to be posted on this board, and I used to write them in 2 or 3 installments. But many people would prefer to have it in one long report, so I now write them on word and then post it all at once.



But this means my reports are usually not posted until a week after I return, as they take a while to write.




I only read incomplete TRs that are very interesting and great like Stratton one of the best at it.




I really like reports that give a lot of detail about gambling - what they played and where, what the table limits were. I especially like a lot of detail on slots - always looking for new ones to try. I like to know the denomination, where it was, bonus rounds, etc.





I am interested in reading about rooms, restaurants and shows. Not into the club scene, so I typically bypass those. I do like to shop so I don%26#39;t mind reading about that.





I do not like to read a report if the person is very negative, or if it seems made up. I prefer paragraphs. I do not like searching for day 4 of 12...prefer it to be on one thread. I do not mind if people comment in between the days, often they might have similar question or comment. I do not mind if it is to be continued...gives me something to look forward to! :)





I like to write my reports while everything is fresh in my mind. I am guilty of continuing my reports over a day or so. I guess I am excited to post and don%26#39;t want to wait until it is finished before I start my report on TA. Personal preference I guess.




I agree, the TR%26#39;s are very enjoyable reads. There are so many talented posters who provide great reports here on the forum.





TR%26#39;s I enjoy the most are those that detail the hotels and gaming, especially slot and VP play. I skip over the clubs and shopping details.





I%26#39;m becoming addicted to reading them all I%26#39;m afraid!




I read them all or at least as many as I have time to read. I feel that the stlye of the report is just as individual as the person posting. I enjoy the variety in the styles.





I am not fond of writing a TR and find myself boring. I do enjoy reading other%26#39;s so post one to return the favor in hope that something I have just experienced will be of some help or interest to someone else.





I with never be a Jaco or Stratton but few are. Some just have talent, skill or both.





I respect the fact that people take time out of their lives to write a TR at all so I am not likely to feel anything negative about their efforts.





Just my opinion. :-%26gt;

No comments:

Post a Comment