Sunday, April 15, 2012

What is the correct pronunciation of Laughlin?

My poor old English brain tells me this word should be Lock-lin or Loff-lin or even Larf-lin.

According to an online dictionary it%26#39;s Lawf-lin or Lawk-lin.

Which is correct?

Thankyou.

What is the correct pronunciation of Laughlin?

Loff-lin

What is the correct pronunciation of Laughlin?

Thankyou grif.


you can usually tell an local from a non by the mispronunciation of the name.....we called in locklin when we first moved here and got those like to string em up looks from all the locals.


interesting


It seems to me it ought to be Laff-lin. :)


I am sure that California call it many things as they drive their big cars home with lighter wallets.


Grif, i think the heat got to your brains.


Thanks for the compliment, but one is enough.


Grif, I was serious. I don%26#39;t see why more people wouldn%26#39;t think it was Lafflin. The smilie was to let you know I didn%26#39;t mean anything derogatory about it.

Peace,

Ali


No problem Ali. Guess I took it the wrong way. Are you coming over this weekend? It%26#39;s the River Run. Lots of beautiful bikes and wannabe bikers. Exciting time of the year for us. Hopefully the local economy gets a big boost as usual.

  • msdn
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment