Sunday, April 15, 2012

Lunch Advice - looking for a few great recommendations

Visiting Vegas this summer. My first time and my husband%26#39;s 5th... don%26#39;t worry, he is making it up to me by spending as much on this trip as he did the past 4 combined :)





I%26#39;d love some recommendations for lunch. We are planning on Dim Sum one day but the others are open. We are not big breakfast eaters so probably coffee and a muffin or pastry will be it. We will probably do 9:00 dinners most nights so we have time and stomach room for a few nice sit-down lunches.





One day I figure we will be over near TI, Mirage, Bellagio and Caesars. How is Mesa Grill? Would Mesa or Olives be a better choice? Both menus sound good. Would a reservation be a good idea?





Another day we%26#39;ll probably be near NYNY, Monte Carlo, MGM, etc. Any recs? A great sandwich shop might be a good change of pace with all the other more upscale meals we will be having...





The third day probably between the Paris and Wynn. Is Mon Ami Gabi a good lunch option? Any other ideas?





Thanks in advance for all the suggestions!



Lunch Advice - looking for a few great recommendations


You MUST try Mon Ami Gabi for lunch some day. It%26#39;s the best!



Lunch Advice - looking for a few great recommendations


Mesa Grill is awesome - Bobby Flay really knows what he%26#39;s doing with his Southwestern food! In the past, I%26#39;ve gotten in for lunch without having a reservation, but you could always make one to be safe! Enjoy!




Thanks for the recommendations so far...





dcla1951, can you walk into MAG without a res? Any food recs there or is just about everything good?





Am so glad to hear that Mesa is awesome!! Margaritas and southwestern food sounds like an awesome lunch to me.





Please keep recs coming!




I%26#39;d fit in Olives for lunch one day, if not for lunch, then go for dinner. It is definitely worth going to!




I read from one of the posters that during the week they have a great lunch deal at The Palms at Cesar%26#39;s Forum shops- 3 course meal for $19.99, several people here has mentioned it was great.





I love Margarittavile for lunch because it is quite and sometimes they have the middle floor open where you are inside but they have hunge windows where you can eat and watch people go by down below.



I love thier pulled pork sanwich and I also liked their Cheeseburger in paradise.





I had a great Corned beef sandwich from Canter%26#39;s deli in the Mirage.




Palm at Forum Shoppes is an option if you want Americana but Mesa Grill is better. The corn chowder is superb.





Carnegie Deli at Mirage serves up some nice corned beef.





You sound like you have a great trip planned. Another good restaurant for dinner that seems to fly below the radar is Joe%26#39;s Stone Crab at Forum Shoppes.




I actually originally had Olives in mind for dinner but quite a few posters said that my other choices were far better (considering Craftsteak, Aqua Knox, Okada, Bartolotta, Social House, L%26#39;Atelier, Alize, B%26amp;B).





Between Mon Ami Gabi, Mesa Grill and Olives, what would be my two best choices? I kind of like the idea of something more casual on the third day and plan on Dim Sum for the fourth.





Where is Margaritaville? Is the food too similar to Mesa to do both or is Mesa high end even at lunch?




Margaritaville is Applebees quality food. It%26#39;s loud and fun but the food isn%26#39;t the draw. People come for the fun.





I think you have to do MAG. I%26#39;ve been there twice but that%26#39;s it for me. It%26#39;s a bit overrated. It%26#39;s good but not as good as people rave about it. Mesa Grill is that good. Olives is always crowded when I%26#39;ve walked past there. I hear it%26#39;s overrated too, but I%26#39;ve never been there. Out of the 3, I%26#39;ve ditched Olives.




Margaritaville is at the Flamingo. It%26#39;s right out on the strip.




Margaritaville is next to the Flamingo, it is very casual they have some of the best nachos and margaritta%26#39;s. This is a chain resturant owned by Jimmy Buffet based in Florida. I am a simple person who likes simple food and I have never gotten a bad meal there. Maragritaville is burgers, sandwiches, fish, nacho%26#39;s American food.





This place is not even like Mesa Grill, Mesa Grill in my opinion is casual but high end food- owned by Bobby Flay it is Southwestern food.


  • beauty salons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment