Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MGM Signature - All Condos?

Hi there,





I am travelling to Vegas in November as a first time visitor and will be staying 4 nights with my boyfriend.





We were planning on booking the MGM Signature but are a bit concerned about some of the recent reviews on TA. One of the recent reviews mentions the private ownership of the suites and how some of the suites are in a poor cleanliness condition. I was aware that some of the suites were privately owned condos, but are all these suites privately owned?





Ideally I wanted to stay at the Signature as it is suite accommodation but I am now wondering if I would be better staying elsewhere. For example, I have found a double room at the Bellagio for around $100 more for the for the entire duration.





Would be grateful for any advice you can offer.





Many thanks,





Elaine



MGM Signature - All Condos?


Disregarding the reviews altogether, I%26#39;m always reluctant to recommend Signature for a first visit to Vegas. As nice as it no doubt is, I feel that you%26#39;d want and need to be that bit closer to ';the action'; when it%26#39;s your first time in LV.





In my opinion Bellagio with its unbeatable central location would give you a far better ';Vegas experience'; for your first visit. If you can get a Deluxe Lakeview room then even better.... :-)



MGM Signature - All Condos?


I have stayed both, while the Bellagio rooms are nice, the Signature knocks its doors off. The Bellagio is not worth any more money, I would say less. From the Signature, you can walk a short walk to the tram and be in the middle of the action quite quick. It was by far my favorite hotel, and made Tripadvisors list of the most luxurious hotels in the world. My wife and I stayed here and loved it. It%26#39;s off the strip, but so close to the action. You probably can%26#39;t go wrong at either, but I sure wouldn%26#39;t pay any more for the Bellagio.




Hi



If you look at reviews overall say the last 20 reviews then you will find a very positive view of the signature.





The reviews on expedia are mostly 5 out of 5 with an average of 4.7 from over 300 reviews.





I don%26#39;t think that many people can be wrong.





We are going in October and staying at the signature and renting direct from an owner through VRBO and we are really looking forward to it.





I liked the idea of being a bit off strip and having a nice quality suite to come back to for some peace and quiet and non smoking is a bonus.





Having said that blagger, as always, has a good point about location for first timers and your deal at Bellagio sounds pretty good assuming your Signature price is good too.





I don%26#39;t think you can go wrong at either.





I was like you for ages wondering where to stay but eventually you have just got to make your mind up.





Wherever you are staying I am sure you will have a great time.




Hi there, I just posted a review for MGM sig but it hasn%26#39;t been approved yet. I have it 4/5 stars. An awesome property, BUT I agree with the OP that if it is your first time in Vegas you will be better served by being on the strip/in the middle of the action. It was my fifth time to vegas so i felt very comfortable navigating and driving around and wanted the freedom to go off strip to various restaurants and locations. But if it were my first time I would stay mid strip i.e. PH, paris, bally%26#39;s, flamingo, bellagio etc. so that I could walk up and down the strip at any point in time and always be in the middle of everything.




Signature is awesome. You only need be concerned IF you book directly from an owner.





If you book through the Signature web site, or any other hotel booking service (not directly via an owner) then you will have absolutely no concerns. Enjoy.




Thanks for all of your responses, it seems that my choice will come down more to location rather anything else.





Cheers,





Elaine




'; Signature is awesome. You only need be concerned IF you book directly from an owner. ';





What are the concerns you are talking about ? i have a room booked through the owner in June .. already sent him payment and have confirmed via phone from the Signature that all i will have to pay at check out is the extra $15/day resort fee.





Please tell me what concerns you are referring to





Thanks




Note that all untils at the Signature - including investor owned units, are maintained by the MGM. So there should be no difference in room quality.




As I said I am booked via owner for October and I suppose the only concern is that if there is anything wrong with my room, which is doubtful as they are all maintained by MGM and fairly new, then I am not sure how I would get another room.





However as I have saved $300 for my stay I am happy to take that small risk.












Zek .. exactly and from what i%26#39;ve been told almost all of the rooms are investment owned.





Personally i have heard too many great things about the Signature to be concerned about my upcoming stay in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment