Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Palazzo Pool Area?

Anyone stayed at Palazzo since the pool has opened? We changed our reservations from Manadalay to Palazzo at friend%26#39;s request, but we%26#39;re bringing two kids and am afraid the pool won%26#39;t be anywhere as nice as mandalay? I%26#39;m especially interested in any special features it has??? (like anything?) It sounds really plain like the Venetian%26#39;s from the website and lack of pictures/details.... thanks Jennifer



Palazzo Pool Area?


Bumping for information. Just booked air and Jersey Boys and trying to decide on hotel. Pool would be a factor.



Palazzo Pool Area?


Returned from Palazzo last week only managed to use the pool once. Parts are still under construction/being set up such as the little place where you get your towels from and the bar area (there are temporary bars in place and there is also waitress service). I did not see any features like Mandalay Bay have - wave pools %26amp; beach etc. I think there are 3 pools a main one in middle and one either side with a bathing area in each pool (shallow area with loungers in).




You might be better off with the pools at Mandalay Bay, being you have more of the beach theme and wave pools and water features. The kids would enjoy them much more. The pools at Palazzo are beautiful from what we could see before they opened, but you%26#39;re not gonna have the features the kids would enjoy more. Check picture of the Venetian Pools to get an idea of the look and feel of the Palazzo pools, since they are pretty simular. But I will say, they look VERY nice.





Hope this helps.




Yes, I%26#39;m a Mandalay Girl, I call it my home away from home. However, if theHotel is too highly priced I can%26#39;t handle their regular Mandalay rooms, and as of late, their service has gone down hill. I%26#39;m about ready to try the Four Seasons there.





For those interested I stayed at the Palazzo 3 nights, the pool area was by far my least favorite area of the hotel, but it is not fully functioning yet. There are nine pools and many jacuzzis- they are, for lack of a better word, unimaginative. I don%26#39;t know why they made them this way? They are barely better than the Venetian%26#39;s- which I think are awful. There is nothing fun or unique about them- the service is great, but the layout is awful for getting around, the only thing at all neat is that they have lounge chairs in the water- big deal. My kids were bored in an hour, and mostly were an annoyance to the plentiful over 65, ultra-tan crowd who seemed to never leave :( I felt out of place and unwelcomed with children- I have never felt that way at Mandalay.





They are all (except the main 2 big ones-I think) about 3 feet deep and cold. I didn%26#39;t go into the main because its in the shade most of the morning/early afternoon- the far left end of the pool (the only area with any sun in the am) will soon have yet another tower surrounding it- I%26#39;m not sure you%26#39;ll even be able to see the sun?





I loved the hotel, but I did not like the pool area. Though the service at the pool area was great (well except for the bored and distracted lifeguards) and plentiful- I don%26#39;t think it will make up for this glaring mistake on an otherwise beautiful property. It would keep me from a return stay at this hotel with my family. I think it is a mistake to not accomodate families in Vegas- we need somewhere to stay! I would take my money and stay at theHotel at Mandalay.




I%26#39;m sorry to hear that the pools are disappointing. We are headed there in June and plan to spend a good part of our days at the pool. I love the sun, so have been disappointed to read about much of the area being shaded for a good part of the day. We stayed at the Venetian last year and found the pool area disappointing. Trying Palazzo with friends...guess we%26#39;ll have to make our own fun! Thanks for the information!




There are plenty of other distractions at the hotel- including some of the best food I%26#39;ve ever had and excellent shopping. Their portion of the Canyon Ranch was still under construction, but I used the Venetian side- it was nice, but not as fabulous as I had hoped. I preferred Qua at Ceasars and if you only go to one spa, I would say go to Qua!





The pool area is very similar to Venetian%26#39;s- but more intimate, they made it longer and more secluded, with fountains- but its still just a pool.



I think you will like the hotel, the rooms are beautiful.




I think Bellatrix makes an excellent point about the Palazzo pools. They were not designed with children in mind. There is nothing about them that would be particularly attractive to children, unlike the MB pool area which is almost like a water park. In my mind, this is a good thing and is keeping with the adult, upscale atmosphere of the Palazzo in general. But if you%26#39;re looking for a kid friendly pool area, this isn%26#39;t the place.




I am very happy the Palazzo pool and Venetian are more adults. I dont need screaming little kids running around all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment