Friday, April 13, 2012

Question for the lefties

Since many slot machines are set up for right-handed people (VP deal/draw button, most spin buttons, all the old one-armed bandits) do you reach across with your left hand to do stuff of just do it with your right? (I know you%26#39;re not performing surgery but I was just wondering).



Question for the lefties


As long as they have both hands, I am sure the right hand is usable for slot pull.



Question for the lefties


My right hand works just as well as my dominant left hand in throwing money away on the slots.




My DH is not only left handed, but color blind! He can%26#39;t tell the difference between green and red. He%26#39;s gotta be real careful at the tables, because sometimes he ends up betting more than he thought! Combine his color issue with green felt tables and we have a problem! LOL!




People still pull the handles on the slot machines?





They have this thing now called the spin button, I just thought the arm on the slot machine was just for show now.





Just kidding, but anyways I do some things with my right hand, everything but shuffle chips, haven%26#39;t got a handle on doing that right handed yet.




I just use my right hand, or I hit the spin button on the machine. I think reaching across would get irritating after a while. I think we lefties just get used to a right handed world.




Interesting question. Maybe machines should have left handed and right handed buttons.




I always try with my right hand but it seems more natural with my left. So I usually end up sitting half off my seat and reaching my left hand across. We need more left-handed stuff in this world (like measuring cups!)




I think Mom22kids has the answer... we all get used to having things backwards, and just, get on with it. I personally, never even thought of slot machines as being right handed. They are just slot machines to me, and.. I play %26#39;em. I have to stop and think about what hand I use.. and its my right one. It doesn%26#39;t ask any questions. If its on ';that'; side, and the brain gives the command, my right arm goes to work. I even bowl right handed. LOL





sheila





Exception: I iron left handed. I just turn the ironing board around to what most people would have it.




Oh what a great question...my sister is a lefty (also has some mental challenges), and I help her play the slots.





I can%26#39;t tell you how many times I%26#39;ve turned away for one second, and she accidently hits max bet!!! Oh my Mom gets so mad at her since she never hits anything when she does that (maybe someday she%26#39;ll hit a jackpot doing that)LOL





She doesn%26#39;t try to pull the handle but presses the buttons, or sometimes she%26#39;ll ask me to pull the handle.




Hate to say it, but we are in a right handed world. All the lefties got discriminated. Most designers (slot companies) included think of majority (right handed) when they design slots.





Most merchandizing in stores have smaller size on the left and crescendo up to largest size on the right. Ever thought about that? Cause most people are right handed and they use the right hand to grab first item on the right which is what the merchants want-- sell the biggest item.

No comments:

Post a Comment