Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Volunteering on Christmas Day

Hello:





We have my family coming from Cali, Philly, Jersey, Florida and Ireland coming to Vegas for chirstmas week. We have our hotel, air and other arranagement almost completed.





As a gesture of good will and to emphasis what the day is all about, I thought it would be great, if we could volunteer as a faimly cooking meals helping with homeless, whatever.





This is where I need the great residents of the valley to help me.





We would like to serve, help, cook whatever for about 6 hours on Christmas day.





I am at a loss. I am not familiar with some of the organizations there, yes, I know the Salvation Army, however, are there other organizations for women and children, elderly, meals on wheels.





Any feed back with names of organizatins would be greatly appreciated!





MJ



Volunteering on Christmas Day


Mangopa, please do a google search like:



+Vegas +';volunteer opportunities'; +Christmas.





This will bring up many opportunities for you to give to the community. Or, you can contact the Diocese of Las Vegas. Tamico Terrell is the Social Service Manager, at (702) 385-2662.





During college, I used to volunteer for Meals-On-Wheels for the day on most of the major holidays, to allow the full-time volunteers a day off. I always felt that it was a good way to give back.


  • lipgloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment