Friday, April 20, 2012

Elopement in Lake Tahoe (South Shore)

My fiance and I are planning on getting married with only about 6 people joining us on a a weekday in spetember. We would like to get married on the beach for under 500 dollars. We don%26#39;t need all the extras. We can provide our own flowers and music and things like that. Pictures for a reasonable price included in 500$ (or close to it) would be wonderful. We would like it simple yet elegant. Where can you suggest a nice spot for the ceremony? I have also been doing research for where to spend our honeymoon. Were going to be staying in tahoe for 2-3 nights and will be leaving on a friday/saturday morning to go back home. We would like it accompained with a fire place, large bath (hot tub sorta style) and a walk in shower. We would like it also to be elegant and somewhat mordern. Nothing too woodsy. Somewhat separated from other buildings but not required. And if it at all possible somewhere around 150$ a night but willing to go up to 250$ if we like the establishment enough. Thanks for any help given, Im kinda stuck here!!

Elopement in Lake Tahoe (South Shore)

Well, good for you guys! Your post brought back memories of my marriage. My net worth could be counted by the coins and paper money in my pocket. We could afford a honeymoon night at Yosemite Lodge in Yosemite park for one night plus the gas to get there and back.

Anyway, I attended a wedding last August on the beach at Kings Beach at sunset, and it was just a beautiful expierence. That wedding cost far more than your budget, but I am sure you will have a great expierce.

I did a search and came up with one outfit that has some low budget weddings.

beautifultahoeweddings.com/packagesandlocati鈥?/a>

I hope someone else can come up some good lodging recommendations for you. Good luck to both of you!

Elopement in Lake Tahoe (South Shore)

First off, Congratulations! I would definitely look into the previous website suggested, and here are a few more I found to check out:

www.simpletahoeweddings.com

www.acoupleschoice.com

www.weddingsinlaketahoe.net

You should be able to find a room in your price range, especially for a weekday in September. Try Spruce Grove - www.sprucegrovetahoe.com or Holly%26#39;s Place - www.hollysplace.com, for the lower end of your price range. Both places offer private cabins, very clean, but may be a bit %26#39;woodsy%26#39; as you called it. For the higher end of your price range, try the Deerfield Lodge - www.tahoedeerfieldlodge.com. They have large suite rooms with in room jacuzzi tubs. The rooms have a lodge feel, yet are still elegant, and the place is pretty small. I think you should also try out Mariott%26#39;s Grand Residence or Timber Lodge. They are definitely larger places, but the rooms are gorgeous, and you should be able to find the bathroom you are looking for. Hope this helps!

  • lipgloss
  • ie hosted control
  • 1 comment:

    1. I've been looking into lake tahoe weddings and I think they're beautiful. I'm getting married this coming Spring and I am thinking about having my wedding here. I think it would be wonderful.

      ReplyDelete