Wednesday, April 18, 2012

MGM - Tower Room or West Wing King Room

I am a newbie when it comes to Vegas so I am looking for a little help. We are looking at staying at MGM....should we choose the Tower or West Wing...the West Wing says renovated king rooms. Any input would be great! We are trying to stay under $120/night and looking at MGM and NY NY. Thanks!



MGM - Tower Room or West Wing King Room


The West Wing rooms are small and very open. I would go for the tower room, which is larger and brighter. I walked down the hall of the West Wing and looked into a room and was glad I didnt stay in one. Also the hallway made me feel like I was on a ship with narrow, ugly hallways.



MGM - Tower Room or West Wing King Room


The West Wing rooms cost more, but they would have to pay me to stay there.





We stayed one night and moved the next morning to the Grand Tower, where we always stay. West Wing rooms are very modern, but small, the bathroom sink is basically in the foyer of the room. We felt like we were staying in someones remodeled basement. The Grand Tower rooms are ver nice.




I just returned from my Vegas trip 2 weeks ago, first time as well. We originally had the tower and was talked into taking the west wing as an upgrade. One night in the west wing and we asked to be moved. If you want to be high up and face the strip west wing is not for you. It only goes 5 floors and the view is a wall. The modern decor is very dark and the bathroom is what I would call open. You walk into the room and the sink is just there. The toilet is behind frosted glass that I could total see through and the shower is attached to the toilet. so you can see into each. The room is 100 sq ft smaller and it feels it. I did not like the dark and narrow hallways at all. When we switched into the tower rooms we were delighted with large hallways and a very spacious light filled room with a great view of NYNY. As well as a huge private bathroom. I%26#39;m not sure what type of decor you like or if it is an age thing because people tend to think that twenty somethings love modern, edgy decor. I%26#39;m 28 and my husband is 38 and we hated the ww rooms.




Thanks for your replies! We are going with 3 other couples and we are all between 34-38. So I guess the Tower is the way to go! or should we stay at NY NY instead?? Any thoughts? Thanks again!!




I disagree completely with the other comments. For starters, I don%26#39;t care about the hallway and find it stupid others do.. are you sleeping in the hallway? You can%26#39;t compare the incredible beds in West Wing to the awful beds in the Tower Rooms. For this reason, I will always stay in West Wing (and pay more to do so). I also prefer the location near the poker room. For me beds are important, not the hallway. Also, I%26#39;d avoid NYNY. The hotel isn%26#39;t nice, and can%26#39;t be compared to a room at MGM. Two are night and day different in quality.




grand tower! i did a ton of research on this when taking my sis 2 years ago for her 21st (i%26#39;m 36 like you also) and i decided to give west wing a try but then even staff at mgm service counter agreed we%26#39;d prefer grand tower. we did that and loved it.



the west wing will have cooler features like tv in the mirror and flat screens, but if you are like us and barely in the room, that all wont%26#39; count for much.



we went to the west wing bar once and were the only ones there and i think it closed at like 9 pm and was dark and like a ghosttown.



stayed in the mgm 2 times and will never stay anywhere else.



give it a try! you%26#39;ll love it! don%26#39;t go to NYNY%26gt;



send me a message if u want more info or go to my review of mgm on this site - our room even had views of the bellagio fountains!




I%26#39;ve been down that hallway that goes out of the back of the West Wing bar. It is a strange dark gray hallway.




We were at the MGM this weekend and we absolutely LOVED it!!! We had a Tower room, with an AMAZING king bed (22nd floor). We still cant stop talking about the bed....its truely amazing and we really enjoyed our stay at the MGM! We will definately go back there again.




Thanks for your reviews! I don%26#39;t think we are going to be in the room too much....as we only have Sun-Thu to check everything out, but I do want a clean room. I%26#39;m off to check out the forum for the must-dos for a 1st timer.





Thanks again!




Stay at MGM and just visit NY NY. There is a walkway from MGM to NY NY. MGM has much more to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment