Friday, April 20, 2012

Need restaurant advice - B&B, Bartolotta, Aqua Knox, Nobu...

Hi everyone. I%26#39;m a newbie and just want to say that having read posts for the last few weeks before officially joining, I have already learned so much. Thank you!!





My husband and I are planning a trip to Vegas this summer. I am a HUGE planner so I am having a blast! We will be there for 3.5 days, 3 nights. I just booked Craftsteak for our first evening. We are planning to go to the Crazy Horse Paris show that night and I%26#39;ve been wanting to go to Craftsteak. I%26#39;d love food recs.





I am torn on where to eat the other 2 nights. We will probably be staying at the Palazzo. (Right now I have rooms booked at Caesars and Palazzo but we are both leaning toward P.) We may go to Mystere one night at TI. That night I was thinking of eating somewhere nearby - Wynn, Palazzo, Venetian. Any recs? I%26#39;ve been wanting to try B%26amp;B but so many poor reviews are making me question. Anyone been there recently? Have they cleaned up their act? Anywhere else better - Bartolotta? The other night we are free to eat anywhere. I want a nice, upscale meal but not Guy or Joel R. $$$$. Anyone recently been to Aqua Knox, Nobu, Okada, Olives, Sensi? I%26#39;d love some feedback. Also, if there is somewhere great I haven%26#39;t mentioned, please advise. We want to stay on (or very close) to strip.





Thanks so much!!



Need restaurant advice - B%26amp;B, Bartolotta, Aqua Knox, Nobu...


Aquaknox and Okada are 2 of my absolute favorites in town. I think both will get you a great meal.



I would rate them higher than Olives or Sensi.





Have not been to Nobu or Bartalotta.





If I had to pick one in the list I would go with Okada.



Need restaurant advice - B%26amp;B, Bartolotta, Aqua Knox, Nobu...


My thoughts:





1. Stay Palazzo.



2. Social House at TI when you see Mystere.



3. MGM has a special deal of Crazy Horse and dinner at Joel%26#39;s frix fix for like $94. here%26#39;s the url: www.mgmgrand.com/special_offers/la-femme.aspx I would do that instead of craftsteak since you%26#39;re already going to the show. And do Craftsteak on your free night.




My thoughts too,





we just returned from wedding week at Palazzo and it was fabulous. Stay there, the suites are soooo big and pretty luxurious, the bathrooms are great.





We too went to see Mystere and it was amazing with many wow moments.





We dined at loads great restaurants throughout the week, the most amazing was Alize at The Palms (off strip). Food, service, ambience and views all created a memorable evening.





At Palazzo we ate at CarneVino and Cut both of which were great. both lovely restaurants with good food.





Enjoy your trip, I wish I was returning soon!




Okada is my favorite. I also have enjoyed Bartoltta, eating there again next Sunday. Nobu has great fish but lacks atmosphere for the price. Have a great time. Any of your picks will be fine.




Please stay at the Palazzo; there are too many reason to list but if nothing else consider newness, location and location.



Have eaten at Aqua Knox - if you go, request a booth along the wall, they are curved and wonderous.



Have eaten @ B %26amp; B - twice . Great but not as memorable as a few other places(always love Battalis restaurants.





Most memorable and delectable - Joel Roubochons - L%26#39;atallier(?) at MGM. Excellent decor, excellent, pairings and bathrooms. :) If you are ok with a bar type setting and sittin beside your honey bunny rather than across. Visit this place.





%26amp; Bouchon - go to Bouchon - search the form for topics titled Bouchon. Best place in Vegas





Ed




First of all, Mystere is great, the most authentically Cirque of all the Cirque shows on the strip. However, have you though about LOVE at the Mirage? If you%26#39;re at all Beatles fans and have only one show to see, that%26#39;s the one I%26#39;d recommend - it%26#39;s mindblowing!





Second, I have eaten at Bartolotta and it was wonderful. I also ate at Aquaknox and it was very good, but not great. I know this it%26#39;s a little far from where you%26#39;re staying, but the seafood at Michael Mina%26#39;s SEABLUE (MGM Grand) is amazing! I agree with the above poster who recommended Social House at TI, if you like sushi/Japanese and trendy scene. Or Japonais at Mirage if you decide to see LOVE. Another rec for the night you don%26#39;t have the show would be Alain Ducasse%26#39;s MIX at THEhotel at Mandalay Bay - not quite as pricey as Joel R or Guy, though still expensive, but great food! Enjoy your trip!




Thanks for all the great advice so far. We are not big Beatles fans, so I think we will stick to Mystere.





I have wanted to eat at Craftsteak FOREVER - I%26#39;m a Top Chef junkie - so I think Craftsteak is a for sure. I think we%26#39;ll probably only do one steak place while there.





Bartolotta has struck my interest. It would be a quick walk from Mystere to get there after the show. The setting outside looks beautiful, although I wonder if it is comfortable in summer... I%26#39;ve never heard of Social House. What kind of food do they serve?





Like Craftsteak I have wanted to try B%26amp;B since I heard about it but have heard so much more negatives than positives that I%26#39;m afraid to waste a meal (and a lot of money) there.





Steak, Italian, next would be seafood or Japanese. I%26#39;m leaning toward Aqua Knox. Thanks for the table advice, Ed S 2004. Would those tables fit 4? We may meet friends for dinner one night.





I%26#39;ll have to check out Alize, L鈥橝telier and Bouchon for the third night too. This is quite overwhelming!!





I think you have all helped me make up my mind to stay at the Palazzo for sure!! Thanks!




Glad to be of assistance TLOL.



Absolutely 4 can be quite comfortable @ Aquaknox.



I myself am quite anal when it comes to restaurants, event planning and that sort when we head off to LV. As a matter of fact - 3 times in the past 10 months and again in 2 weeks. We are booked @ Guy Savoys %26amp; Bouchon(again) this time around. %26amp; our girl @ the Venetian booked us into the Palazzo.



Do check out L%26#39;attalier @ the MGM. It was one of the most casual, elegant, simple, ideal, memorable evenings we have ever had for under $350,00 in a very long time.





Thx,




When we saw Mystere we had a late dinner @ Social House and loved it! You won%26#39;t be disappointed by this restaurant at all. I had posted a review of the restaurant with more details if your interested. Also, I have eaten @ Olives twice, once for dinner and once for lunch. I enjoyed lunch more so than dinner. Enjoy your trip!




Ed S 2004... I hope when you return you let us know how Palazzo and the restaurants were.





Beth, thanks for the advice on Social House and Olives. That seems to be the consensus about Olives... good but not great. When you went for lunch, did you have to wait long for a table?





I need more nights in Vegas! Seriously, how can I choose?



Night 1 - Craftsteak



Night 2 (after Mystere) - Social House, Okada or Bartolotta



Night 3 - Bouchon, Aqua Knox, L鈥橝telier or Alize





I think I%26#39;m adding more and not eliminating many. Would you eliminate any if you were dining one night with another couple (somewhere not quite so romantic, maybe little more upbeat vibe...)?

No comments:

Post a Comment