Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Prime (not)Steakhouse in Bellagio

Have yet to try Prime, BUT we don%26#39;t want to order steak since we%26#39;re already going to a steakhouse another night. Has anyone had any of the other entrees there - fish, veal, lamb, etc? Most reviews I%26#39;ve seen only talk about the steaks (and are very mixed reviews).



Prime (not)Steakhouse in Bellagio


I would take those mixed reviews with a grain of salt. It is a stellar steakhouse.





I am sure their other entrees are wonderful too, but I don%26#39;t know if it%26#39;s worth going there if no one is interested in steak. There are so many other places that specialize in other foods (Picasso right next to it comes to mind!), that I don%26#39;t know what the benefit would be.





Or, you could be like me and figure you%26#39;re on vacation and you can have steak all you want!



Prime (not)Steakhouse in Bellagio


Warmwinds, my wife and I have not eaten red meat for 40 years but prefer steakhouses for fish as we%26#39;ve found a good correlation there (usually). We love Prime. Have no fears eating there and not eating steak, as odd as that will sound to many others, especially since you do eat steak. Enjoy.




Thanks for that info, underpar. I like steak but I%26#39;d also like to try other things when at Prime. I%26#39;ve found their sides, appetizers etc all to be excellent, so nice to know the entrees other than steak are excellent also.




The menu does have interesting non-steak items, and the place is just so gosh darn PRETTY.





Sounds strange, but I really don%26#39;t care to eat with a view of the fountains since I%26#39;ve seen them so many times (we might have dessert out there), so what do you all think of seating in the main part of the restaurant?




GF had sea bass when we went around last Christmas and I had Kobe beef. Both excellent. Great restaurant like that used top ingredients and top chefs, you cant go wrong with anything on the menu.





We had lakeside view from inside and it was a different experience than on the outside which we had done many times. Almost like in a different country.




I think we will give it a try. The reason I don%26#39;t care about the lakeview is that we had that view from Picasso and also a little higher from Le Cirque, and while you can hear the muffled music I think the music is a very big part of the fountain show. I like the idea of retiring to the patio for an after-dinner drink, however, that sounds great. Do they have misters in the summer to make it a little cooler, or does it seem cooler because you%26#39;re on the water?




yes misters are on the umbrellas on the outside patio just adjacent to Prime with a good side view. Music actually can be heard in the dining room when we were there, not muffled but not loud either, it adds to the ambience.




Warmwinds, Prime is a beautiful restaurant and you will love it no matter where you sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment