Friday, March 30, 2012

My bad...but still



Id love to hear the advise of people who travel alot, esp to vegas.





I booked a vacation (flight %26amp; hotel) to Vegas two weeks ago through Hotwire. Its a fun vacation but we also want to spend time getting some sleep and lounging by the pool.





My girlfriend and I didnt look at the flight times at all, cuz we really didnt care.





Last night I looked at the flights %26amp; was just so upset.





We booked a five night vacation to Vegas %26amp; our flight leaves just after midnight on the last night. Now technically its the next day, so it is five nights...but per the website%26#39;s instructions we are to be at the airport by 10:30 pm.





Is this a buyer beware situation?





To me I consider a ';night'; to be til I wake up the next morning, and thats why checkout is at 10 - 12 instead of midnight.





thoughts?



My bad...but still


Nasty! Any chance of cancelling and rebooking elsewhere.



My bad...but still


To me a ';5 night vacation'; means I%26#39;m paying for a hotel for 5 nights.





I don%26#39;t mean to sound critical, but I really can%26#39;t believe you didn%26#39;t check your reservation carefully 2 weeks ago - even if you didn%26#39;t care what times your flights were, there could have been many errors that need to be picked up on and corrected.






yes I know, thats why I called the title ';my bad'; the ';but still'; is that I have booked I think 10 or so trips with Hotwire in the last year, and Ive never had any sort of ';sketchy'; bookings. We both have leeway on both ends of our trip, we didnt care, so we didnt even look (we dont leave until May 25th) and from what the website says, we cant change it anyway, Ill call them today and see...pretty sure we will just have to suck it up.





but, your opinion is exactly what I want, so thank you.





Stacey




Actually, the ';red eye'; flights/packages are very common to Vegas.






yes, I have take a red eye to Vegas myself %26amp; for some reason that is okay just seems unfair to pay for a night when I will be checking out at 9pm. More like an extended stay then a night.





Ive talked to them, and there is nothing I can do except accept it and go and enjoy...so that is just what we will do.





Viva Las Vegas.






A lot of tour companies include the travelling nights in with the total number of nights, it is their way of making the vacation sound longer than it really is.





But it is not as bad as it sounds...





You can check your begs into the left luggage (bell hop or whatever you call it) and carry on having fun.




Five nights should mean five full nights in a hotel. Check it again for the AMs and PMs. I would also call and fight it. If you ask for a supervisor you may be able to get it changed.




Yes you screwed up, but it%26#39;s not all that bad. A little like signing a contract without reading it =)





One thing I will advise is to check and recheck your flight times. With the rising cost of fuel here in the U.S., 3 airlines have gone under, and other airlines have rescheduled flights to be more effecient. Make sure your flight is still flying out at the times you%26#39;re already objecting to!






They told me I can indeed change the flight for approximately $100 per ticket...so we will just leave it and learn from it.





stace




Unfortunate, but on the bright side you will have the use of your room right up until you leave so you can nap or shower or whatever. I hope you learned your lesson, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment