Saturday, April 21, 2012

First TR April 14-19

My first TR to follow.



First TR April 14-19


Cool! gitter did and gitter dun!



First TR April 14-19


Arrived in Vegas Monday around 2:00 pm. Got our bags and headed to Hooters. Made it before check-in, but asked if they had any rooms available yet, and got one with no problem.





Second floor oceanview tower room with no view. As we%26#39;ve been before we didn%26#39;t care. I was pretty nervous about thr room-- the reviews here are mixed. It was spacious and clean. The bed was sooooo comfy. I have no complaints at all. The room was definitely worth the deal we got. My favorite thing was not having to walk 2 miles to get to it!





The main purpose of our trip was to relax and be away from work. We didn%26#39;t make any set plans to see shows or go to clubs this time around, choosing to wing it. So we put our stuff down and off we went!





MGM was first stop. I swear, I love the way it smells in here! Played slots for a while and then headed on our way.



Next stop was PH. Ate dinner at PF Changs. Our server was great as was the calamari. Our entrees were ok, but nothing spectacular. Gambled a while (I mean slots), and decided to walk back to Hooters and change clothes.





Next up, absinthe and Mandalay Bay.




Changed clothes and walked to Luxor. I had read a post here about absinthe, and we wanted to try it. Sat at Liquidity bar and ordered two. Okay- the presentation was cool. They serve it in a glass with a spoon and a sugar stick laying across the top. Now, if you like black licorice- you will love this. I however do not. It is 108 proof and tastes like it. But, being a real trooper, drank the whole thing and an entire glass of water. Never again, but now I can say I tried it!





Headed out to MB. We went to rumjungle last year for ladies night and had a blast. Walked by it around 11:30, and the place was dead. I went and asked the guy at the door what was going on. He basically said changes were made and now the place sucked. It was very lounge-like inside, and I%26#39;m sure it was still ok, but not what we were looking for. Wandered around a bit, then decided to go to bed and rest up.





Day 2



Took a cab to TI so we could see everything we didn%26#39;t make it to last year. Nothing eventful, played slots everywhere we went. Walked into the Venetian. As much as I love the MGM smell, I can%26#39;t stand Ventetian%26#39;s! Smelled like bathroom cleaning products. Headed to Palazzo(sp?) and ate at Gran Lux. Yummy chicken salad sandwhich and DH%26#39;s club was HUGE.





Headed down the strip towards Hooters, stopping at Flamingo for Margaritaville. Great drinks! made it back, changed clothes and went to Dick%26#39;s Last Resort in Excalibur. Note-the staff are supposed to be smart asses. If you don%26#39;t know this going in you may be offended! We saw several people get up and leave. DH and I found it hilarious as we are smart asses ourselves. Great burgers.





Went back to Hooters. Drank Vodka/Red bulls and played Rapid Roulette until 5 am. Won no money. We are now down $500.




Did I just read that you got an oceanview room in Vegas??? lol




that%26#39;s what hooters calls them.




Ohhh, OK. I didn%26#39;t know that (obviously) I did a double take when I read that. lol




Only down $500 after 2 days, not bad, hope you get it back plus more, keep it coming.




How much was the absinthe?




Yeah I wondered that too. It%26#39;s been outlawed for years. Dad says it drove people crazy and was highly addictive. I imagine if a hoard of it was found it would be worth a mint.




I had to look up what absintine, and when I saw licorice, yuck, brave of you to try it.



Down 500.00 wow too bad hope your luck turned around.


  • applying makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment