Friday, March 30, 2012

En route to Vegas - need some suggestions

Ok, this isn%26#39;t really a Las Vegas question, I just thought I%26#39;d get some ideas from you knowledgable folks.





As part of the flight promotion I%26#39;m using, I have to fly (from Australia) into either Chicago, New York or Boston Airports. I was planning to spend probably a day or 2 in either of these cities before flying to Vegas, but I can%26#39;t decide which one.





Any tips ??





I%26#39;ve done New York before, but wouldn%26#39;t mind going back. Boston looks like a pretty fun city and I don%26#39;t know much about Chicago, but I head good things.





So if you had 2 days to spend in one of those 3 cities where would you go and why ?



En route to Vegas - need some suggestions


Personally for me, Boston or New York but that%26#39;s because I%26#39;ve been to Chicago - I only live 90 minutes from there. Flight times and prices may be cheaper from Chicago. There%26#39;s enough to do in any of those places to keep you busy for 2 days.



Not sure if that helped or not



En route to Vegas - need some suggestions


I%26#39;ve lived in all those places, and I would choose Boston just for the sheer history of it all. It%26#39;s a lovely, walkable city, with great architecture and a deep sense of its past.





Chicago is a big city, and it%26#39;s a great place to live/work, but I think the options for a tourist are limited (outside of some world class museums).





New York is my favorite but you%26#39;ve already been there.





Go with Boston.




They%26#39;re all good cities. I agree that Boston is the most walkable of the three, and being smaller, you can experience more of what the city has to offer in a shoter time. When is your trip? Boston is best enjoyed in April-May and September-October. All three cities can be hot and humid in the summer months.





It also depends on your interests. If you like seafood and history, Boston%26#39;s hard to beat. If you like theatre and shopping, New York is unequalled. If you like baseball and classic American foods like pizza and sausage, Chicago might seem like heaven.




Chicago pizza - bleh.




go for the Windy City-can%26#39;t go wrong, shopping, eating, culture (after you see the Cubs play)




Have been to all 3 and the one I want to go back to is Chicago. Spent a week there and barely scratched the surface: it%26#39;s a lot cheaper than NY too.




I live in Boston and think it%26#39;s a great city, especially if you have an interest in American history. It%26#39;s also an easy city to see a lot of in two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment