Friday, March 30, 2012

Buffet Suggestions on the Strip

I%26#39;ll be in Vegas next week, staying @ TI %26amp; would love some suggestions about which buffets are best/ preferred.





I really like seafood, especailly lobster %26amp;/or crab legs (prefer warm with drawn butter), BUT one of oiur gang of four is allergic to shellfish, so it can%26#39;t be a seafood-only buffet.





I%26#39;ve read/ heard that Paris %26amp; Rio are two very good buffets. Those are the only ones I can remember.





As well, we have two passes for the TI buffet, which we%26#39;ll use regardless, but does anyone have any comments on the TI buffet specifically?





Thanks to all!



Buffet Suggestions on the Strip


Wynn for good king crab but they are cold. Great varitey and well prepared.





If you are looking for lobster and warm crab your best bet is the Sterling Buffet at Bally%26#39;s.





It%26#39;s a Sunday brunch at $75 per person. They offer good lobster with drawn butter. There is a buffet at Rio where they offer slipper lobster on the buffet and crab with drawn butter. If you pay extra you can get 1/2 of a maine lobster. It%26#39;s all you can eat but it is not the quality of Sterling brunch. It%26#39;s about $38 per person and is called The Village Seafood buffet.



Buffet Suggestions on the Strip


I forgot to say that all of these buffets have items other than seafood but the Village Buffet has fewer of the other items.




From my research (I%26#39;m also looking into Buffets right now) is that Planet Hollywood, Rio and Paris are a popular choice for top 3, and for a little more also the Wynn.




I%26#39;d love to try the Sterling buffet, but am not in Vegas on a Sunday! Thanks for the suggestions, I%26#39;ll keep PH, Wynn, Paris %26amp; Rio in mind.





Still love to hear any experiences people have had with the TI buffet, though!





Thanks again!




Ihave had the buffet at TI and it was fine. Nothing mind blowing but clean and fresh. I too am allergic to shellfish and I am married to a HUGE crab leg lover. We never had a problem finding something for both of us. We actually liked the Luxor buffet alot. The price is reasonable. Flamingo is ok. MGM is run of the mill and I feel overpriced.




Trilang,





Luxor buffet has been recently upgraded. Can you give us a discription?




Recommendations for best buffets -





1. Bellagio for breakfast.



2. Paris for lunch.



3. Mandalay Bay for dinner. They have fabulous king crab legs and other seafood, and also lots of other ';regular'; food. Delicious!




I have not tried it, but I%26#39;ve heard the TI buffet is small but good. However, you are right next door to what I consider one of the better buffets in Vegas which is Cravings at Mirage. Give it a try for lunch, I think you%26#39;ll be pleased. I also liked Paris (for breakfast) and Rio (for lunch). I have yet to find what I would consider to be good seafood at a buffet in Vegas, but then again I am from a seafood city so my standards are pretty high. The best seafood I%26#39;ve had in Vegas is seared yellowfin at Emeril%26#39;s and Chilean seabass at Cafe bellagio, both of which were excellent.




Pretty much by acclimation -





Group One - The Wynn. You%26#39;ll pay for the privilege, or if you%26#39;re new to their player%26#39;s club, most likely you will be able to get a reduced rate via points. Always the risk of getting ';taken to the cleaners'; when you%26#39;re playing for comps, however.





Group Two - Planet Hollywood, Paris and Bellagio, in one order or another. All excellent choices. many prefer Paris for breakfast and Spice Market (PH) for later meals, although Bellagio has its hearty fans as well, and deservedly so.





Group Three - Mandalay Bay, Rio and Mirage. I refer only to Rio%26#39;s ';regular'; buffet, not their seafood offering, the latter of which people either love or hate. I personally prefer Mirage of this particular trio. It%26#39;s the newest of any I%26#39;ve listed and I like that they give you a ';map'; of their stations so you don%26#39;t have to wander aimlessly around the various buffet stations.





TI%26#39;s buffet is alright, nothing special, worth going to since you%26#39;re staying there anyways. Harrah%26#39;s across the street is just as good.




We enjoyed the breakfast at Paris, and the coffee was perfect! (great waitress too)

No comments:

Post a Comment