Friday, March 30, 2012

Use of Pools around town.

Fellow Vegas folk.





My friend and I are going to the Orleans at the end of May, now the Orleans seems to have a decent pool, BUT we want a fantastic pool experience.





Which of the awesome Resort pools allow outside guests to use their facilities???





Id love to hear...any of the Mandalay, Mirage %26amp; I cant remember whether its Trop or Flamingo that has a great pool. We would be happy to pay for the privelege.





Stace



Use of Pools around town.


Well, I know of 3 fantastic pools which only allow their guests to use - Bellagio, Caesars and Wynn.



Flamingo and Trop I don%26#39;t know about. Mandalay Bay and MGM have great pools, too, but I don%26#39;t know if they are open to the public.



I think I read that Hard Rock is the only hotel which opens its pool to the public.



Use of Pools around town.


None of the pools allow anyone but hotel guests to routinely use their pools. Hard Rock has a beach party or whatever that allows visitors in during certain hours (Sunday afternoons?) for a price.





If you want a great pool, stay at the hotel that is offering it. Otherwise, don%26#39;t expect to get in.





People may comment that they have gotten in here or there. But the reality is you probably won%26#39;t sneak in successfully. And if you do, it%26#39;s pretty low class.




Last summer the Rio allowed non-guests to pay a daily fee, $5 weekdays, $10 weekends.



Call them and ask if they have the same policy this year.



I wouldn%26#39;t call it awesome, maybe it would be to you.




Curious, is there anywhere else that you can pay to use another hotel%26#39;s pool? It never occurred to me to do it but maybe you can in other places.




You can use Bare (the tops optional pool) at the Mirage. They charge $40 for men and $20 for women on the week-ends and $20 for men and $10 for women on weekdays.




OOooo thank you %26amp; I have heard that the Mirage has a nice pool area.




I wasnt going to post this, was just going to send a personal message to Damama but I decided to post it here.





Many times I have gone on vacation %26amp; want to stay where the action is ';downtown anywhere'; but there will be a ';waterpark'; hotel or spa resort somewhere out of the core vacation area, most of the time they will have a non guest rate and you can usually go during off times, Monday - Thursday.





I have done this at many many spas %26amp; water parks around the world (Hawaii, California, Colorado, Vancover, Victoria, Banff, Calgary, Toronto, Florida, Tokyo %26amp; Niagara Falls), I was shocked that you cant do it in Vegas as a rule.





I guess Im still waiting to find out that I can...we will try the Mirage.





Stace




Stace - just so you know, access to Bare at Mirage does not give you access to the rest of their pool area (just to the topless pool) - so you may want to think about paying for it, because while it is nice, it is not the topical/waterfall/bridge over the pool area they show on the website.




Most hotels don%26#39;t let you use the pool. Last year we used the Rio pool several times just for a change, and didn%26#39;t have to pay - but it was empty really compared to other pool areas In Vegas. Mirage pool is great, the hotel also is a good place to stay - I would book for there.




The worst the pool the easier it is to sneak in. Some places only check on weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment