Thursday, April 26, 2012

Changing assingned seats on rebooked flight

Delta has had 4 changes since I booked in January.



I check the flights every day now and see that the flight from Cincinnati to Las Vegas has several seats 12 rows up and in front of the wings.



My question is...



Is there a charge for changing seats? It appears I can do this online, but don%26#39;t want to add anymore to my flight cost.



Benny



Changing assingned seats on rebooked flight


No.





But don%26#39;t give them any ideas. :)



Changing assingned seats on rebooked flight


No, they don%26#39;t charge. They changed the planes (767 to 757 %26amp; MD88 to 737) for both legs of my return flights in June that I booked in Feb, and I got moved from row 15 on both flights back to rows 35 and 27. My friend and I also got separated. I noticed this immediately and tried to change my seats, but the feature was not working until earlier this week! We did get to get seats together again, but we are still stuck in the back of the plane.




There could be a charge. Those seats may be classed differently than the one you bought and may provide another inch of legroom or something like that. There is no reason not to try to change it online since it won%26#39;t let you complete the change if there is a different cost.




';There could be a charge.';





No, there will not be. She specifically mentioned Delta airlines, they will not charge to change your seat assignment.





It goes without saying (I hope!) that she was not trying to change her seat to First class, but rather within the coach cabin. If you%26#39;re holding a coach seat, the seat map on Delta wil not even display the First cabin when you check your itinerary.




Thank you all. That is what I wanted to hear.



DD and I are separated on the little leg and were put in the back on the CVG to LAS leg. I can never sleep and would love to be in front of the wing to take pics.



They must have had a small group cancel 10 seats out of the front of coach.



I will try and hope it goes through.



Benny




I didn%26#39;t mean to suggest that there was a charge for simply changing seats. I thought I was clear that changing seat class could result in a fee. With the rapidly changing distinctions to jack up fees, it is not always clear if an open seat is the same class as the one you bought when you are looking the seat selection chart. I apologize if I misled anyone.




Leo, I was told at work that several people were charged to change seats. That is why I asked.



I just went to my itinerary and it let me put in the change, but my new itinerary is the same as the old.



I don%26#39;t think I am supposed to mess with it so I won%26#39;t.



I will be infinitely happy if they don%26#39;t cancel any more of my flights. I am flying out of a small airport and Delta canceled all of the flights over 500 miles out of State College PA. This took them down to 1 flight a day that would link to CVG and none to Atlanta.



I just want to get to the MEGA.



Benny




I frequently change seats in coach for free. Once I ended up with a window seat in a full plane when I prefer an aisle seat. I checked just about every day for two months hoping one would open up. Eventually one seat did and I immediately changed. Seats are released all the time right up until the day of departure. So- if you don%26#39;t like your seat- keep checking.




Now some airlines...United comes to mind...have configured their coach seats up the front to have more leg room (';Economy Plus';), and yes you will pay more for those. But I%26#39;ve never heard of having to pay more on any airline to make a lateral change.




I would question it too - but you would be able to tell when you pull up your seats online. I always fly NWA and the rows in front of the wings have a ';P'; or ';E'; on them. They are for preferred (Elite) or Exit rows and both can have a cost ($15-30 on NWA) if you select them on your own. I do not know if Delta has that provision or not.





My advice is to try, if it does not work, then get to the airport early and be one of the first to the counter. Be nice and always say Hello, ';agent name';. It seems calling them by name gives it a more personal touch and will get you better service much of the time.





Lyle

No comments:

Post a Comment