Thursday, April 26, 2012

Us Airways read this

I just logged onto this site to look at summer fares and to check my trip, my Thanksgiving flight home was cancelled, they are making my leave home 3 and 1/2 hours early from LV,I swear I can not stand this airline, this might be enough to make my fly the ';cattle call '; airlines known as SW.



Flying from OC CA to LV I am very limited with non stop cheap prices.



Anybody with flights planned may want to check on their flight times.



Us Airways read this


flight skd changes are not unique to USA or any other airline - it happens all the time. No skd stays the same, as many posters here have reported. All airlines, including SW chnage skd at some point - and those pax with res obviously are reskd. A fact of airline travel - always has been and always will be.



since this is for november travel you hadn%26#39;t been notified yet - and who knows, may change again. keep checking - and check up until time to leave for the airport, in case of last minute delays.



anybody with flight plans should always check res - has always been the thing to do. At least with computers and technology it%26#39;s easy to get the info - decades ago you only had phone calls, and we didn%26#39;t have cell phones, answering machines, computers, automated info lines - and we still have enough sense to check travel plans.



Us Airways read this


Have two trips booked already and just checked them after reading this and nothing has changed. One in July and one in Nov.





Sher




I know flight times change but if I wanted to leave ast noon I would have booked that time, but will keep checking times, I just about have a heart attack when I get a email notifying me of flight change.




TIA if the flight they put you on is not to your liking then call them and they will put you on any flight that day or the day before or after. This happened with my Feb trip and my sister and friends started with the 9pm direct from Detroit (which was cancelled) they put them on a 5pm connect and they called and got put on the 7am direct at no charge. this was an outgoing flight to Vegas. When I have had this happen with USAir, NorthWorst aka Delta and Spirit, if the change is more then one hour they have to put you on the flight of your choice, even if it is the next day.




';if the change is more then one hour they have to put you on the flight of your choice, even if it is the next day.';







They ';have'; to? Probably not, check the conditions of your ticket. But often the agent will do what they can...





Flight reschedules happen, every airline, anyhere, especially if you book far in advance like the OP. It%26#39;s the down side of getting those cheaper advance fares. Not that they%26#39;re so cheap any more lol.





I have a flight coming up in June, had a schedule change and called the airline, they cleared up the itinerary and 2 days later I had ANOTHER one and had to call them again. It%26#39;s all part %26#39;o the game...




Each month since booking the June trip, I get email re some flight change...usually a few minutes. It seems it%26#39;s happening more this year than previous years. Anyway, it%26#39;s no biggie as long as reservations for shows etc are not messed up. I just roll with the punches and save myself an ulcer.




wow. i%26#39;ve never had this happen to me. i fly mostly sw- LOVE them. i flew us airways twice. the last time i flew them i had the worst air travel experience ever. and then, walking through the gates, every other desk had an irate passenger screaming at agents, seriously. i thought, never again. and i never have.



a lot of people point their noses down at sw. i could go on and on about why sw is way better than any other domestic airline. assigned seating is overrated. its all about customer service and sw is tops in that category.




';a lot of people point their noses down at sw. i could go on and on about why sw is way better than any other domestic airline.';





Let%26#39;s start with their first class section and their international service. How does SW comnpare with the other domestic airines for that? :)




a heart attack over a few hour skd change on a short trip to LV? Chill TIA - life throws us curve balls, save the heart attacks for important stuff.



ALL AIRLINES change skd - even SW, none ever stays the same.




well, by ';domestic'; i exclude international. i know anyone looking for first class is going to point their noses down...

No comments:

Post a Comment