Thursday, April 26, 2012

Do you tip the concierge?

If I go to the concierge desk for some info ~ and they answer my questions am I expected to tip them?

I just mean asking them for some info not asking them to book anything for me ~ can I even do this are they just there to book things for you or are they willing to just give info and answer queries?

Do you tip the concierge?

From my understanding, you%26#39;re not expected to tip simply for information or questions answered but you should tip if they help make dining or show reservations that were maybe difficult to get or if they just did something special. Hope that helps!

Do you tip the concierge?

I agree, don%26#39;t tip fopr information, do tip if they do you a big favour and have to spend more than just a couple of minutes taking care of things you want/need.


thats what I was thinking just didn%26#39;t want to do the wrong thing and offend :)


The services provided by the concierge really depend on the hotel. Some are actually just ';booking desks'; that book shows, restaurants, and tours. But others, especially at the better hotels will provide more service, including offering advice about non-hotel services.

Tipping is not required for advice or consultation, but I would feel remiss if the person went out of thier way and I didn%26#39;t acknowledge exceptional service.

This is just me, and I%26#39;m not telling anyone what to do:

I always tip $5 when I ask the concierge to print boarding passes.

If I make a special request, like a delivery, or something purchased and sent to the room, I tip.

I will not normally tip if I call and ask for a reservation at spa or restaurant at thier hotel.

What it really comes down to for me is: Did this person just book something as a clerk performing thier job (no tip). Or did this person take a genuine interest in my request, and make an effort to provide me with the best choice (tip).


Thanks for replying ~ I can%26#39;t imagine that we will be using them for booking anything ~ just more to get info etc but of course if they go out of their way I would tip ~ I would just feel strange giving someone a tip for answering some questions.

  • AJAX in .net
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment