Thursday, April 26, 2012

Flamingo Go Room Bathrooms

I just returned from LV a few days ago after staying in a Go Room for 5 nights.



To those of you that have stayed in a Go Room, what do you think of the frosted walls and sliding bathroom doors?



Thank God that I%26#39;ve been married for 26 years because it would have been embarassing to me hearing everything happening in the bathroom, and I mean everything (every drop into the toilet water). The frosted sliding door and frosted wall would definately not be for private people.



Also, there is no way one could stay sleeping while someone is using the bathroom at night. There%26#39;s no way it could be done. Even with the door closed, the whole room became illuminated when the light was on. It became bright as daylight.



I liked the room, just not the bathroom door and walls.



Private people, think twice about Go Rooms.



Flamingo Go Room Bathrooms


we didnt have a problem with that.





at night time we used the pink light.. u cant even see in the frosted glass..



Flamingo Go Room Bathrooms


The TV speakers in the bathroom cure most of the privacy issues. Turn up the volume on CNN and, bombs away.





At night the light is not that bright, it should not wake up most people




I hear MGM West Wing is even worse in this regard.





i sure would not pay extra for a Go room, the regular rooms are quite nice






I%26#39;m checking into Flamingo on Tues and would LOVE to upgrade to GO rooms, but I know there are some people in my group who would have issues with this so we can%26#39;t. It%26#39;s really a shame, not very well thought out at all. At leaast if the sliding doors actully slid into some sort of stable niche in the doorframe, I haven%26#39;t seen them myself but it is oft reported that the doors don%26#39;t slide closed fully.




I just love those GO rooms, though...couldn%26#39;t stay in regular at Flamingo again.




We just returned from Flamingo, had a GO room. Thought it may be a problem since our 16 year old daughter was with us, but it all was fine. The bathroom TV came in handy, plus my daughter had her ipod downloaded and used their great sytem, so we had music on alot.





We always gave her an hour by herself to get ready in the morning, and we wake way before her, so used that time.





I guess it really depends who you are sharing a room with, but we loved the GO room. My daughter liked it better than the room we had at the Wynn our last night. I think the view of the Bellagio fountains from her bed sold her on the Flamingo, along with the entire fun vibe of the place, and location.




I never noticed it. Either our room wasn%26#39;t as bad, or I had too many cocktails.




My male buddy and I stayed in a GO room last August. The opaque bathroom was one of the many things we laughed about. It does take some confidence to enjoy it if it you%26#39;re not a couple. It bothered him more than me... but we both preferred the female eye candy outside our room anyway. ;)




We%26#39;ve stayed in GO rooms twice now...we%26#39;re ok with it because the toilet is tucked back away from the frosted area, so that was no issue. Yes..you can hear some things, but that can happen even in rooms with normal doors! =)




Yikes, I am meeting up with my brother at the Flamingo end of July. Amex is offering a free upgrade to a Go Room which we are considering since we both have back problems and figured a renovated room would have better beds; but some of these comments are pretty scary. Will I was at the Flamingo about 3 years ago and in a regular room and it was quite spacious and quite nice (though otehrs we traveled with said our room was much nicer than theirs). If we get a Go Room, will we need to leave the room so the other person can poop? Are the rooms spacious?

No comments:

Post a Comment