Thursday, April 26, 2012

Walking the Allegiant tightrope

A week ago fares were $89 each way. Now I%26#39;ve got $59 one way, $89 return.

Anyone have a crystal ball as to whether they%26#39;ll do their $19 (or even $39) for the summer?

Walking the Allegiant tightrope

All I know is, Allegiant is all I fly to Vegas. Regardless of the rate at the time, it%26#39;s always going to be the cheapest way to go - at least from WA state.

From what I%26#39;ve seen in the past, they only have the ';very cheap'; prices as introductory deals to/from the places that are seasonal - like SanDiego and SanFrancisco from here.

Walking the Allegiant tightrope

I was watching like a hawk and found a $39 fare and jumped on it. It was back up to $89 last week and $59 right now. You never know with Allegiant.

I read from someone on this forum who said to fill out the form till you get to the seating chart to see how full the plane is... but I don%26#39;t know how accurate that is since we never book a seat and they won%26#39;t be assigned till we get there. I%26#39;m sure we aren%26#39;t the only cheopos.

ALSO... when I booked the $39 fare, it still said %59 on the calendar chart.. didn%26#39;t find out it was $39 till I got to the next page.

Good Luck


We don%26#39;t book seats, either - that%26#39;s not cheap, that%26#39;s smart. We%26#39;ve been seated together on the 2 side every time, and even if we have to separate for a 2-3 hour flight, who cares? It would be different if you were traveling with kids or elderly but I%26#39;ll never pay for a seat.

I%26#39;m going to go make a fake booking now and see what happens - thanks for the tip!


I fly exclusively on Allegiant to Vegas. Yes, their rates often change. If I see a rate I think is reasonable, I take it. I can live with a reasonable rate and it can certainly go up as well as down---no crystal ball!


We prefer Allegiant from here as well. We have to drive two hours to get to the town they fly out of, but it%26#39;s worth it in the long run... for the prices AND the non-stop flights.

Right now the fares from Shreveport are between $79 and $199. Huge difference!

We are flying from Eugene to Vegas one way during a multi city trip. I%26#39;m just glad I got the flights are booked..


I watched it for a long time until my flight went down to $79 and $104. Going first of June and since they only fly out of Shreveport once a day and twice a week, until end of June anyway, I was afraid the flight would book up and I can%26#39;t change my week. Still got 2 RT for just over $400. From what I%26#39;ve seen in this area that%26#39;s good.


Yeah, but once you%26#39;ve paid $19 and $39 it%26#39;s hard to take $59 and $89 3 months in advance! I did do a dummy booking and there are still plenty of seats (at least not many that have been purchased).


With the way the airlines are trying to make up for rising gas prices, Allegiant will be no different from any other. Although I got US Air $92 each way a month or so ago from Ca.

Where you coming out of Warm?


For June 22-27 those fares dropped to $76 and then returned up at $99.

  • ingrown hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment